Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Custom email notifications howto

Re:Custom email notifications howto 4 years 4 months ago #13009

Note for all: The very first post in this thread talks about the naming convention that you need to use, but in recent posts, it is not being shown correctly.

The proper naming convention for admin email templates is:

FORMNAME.html.php
or
FORMNAME.txt.php

The proper naming convention for MAILBACK email templates is:

FORMNAME_mailback.html.php
or
FORMNAME_mailback.txt.php

Hope this helps!

Terry
  • terrywmu
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wartime

Here's a Sample HTML Email Template I created 4 years 3 months ago #13133

This is an HTML email template you can use to create a nice clean look for the emails that are sent from your forms. Please feel free to edit it and use it in any way you want.

This template puts the form title in the header, the field label in the left column and the data entered into the right column. It also has a privacy disclaimer and the technical data from the form submission (IP Address, browser, etc.) at the bottom.

:) Breezing forms makes it super easy to use custom email templates.

1) Download the attached file and open it in an HTML editor

2) Replace 'sample-logo.png' with your logo (you must use the full URL to your logo)

3) Post the file to your server in the /administrator/components/com_facileforms/mailtpl/ directory.

This will now be the default email format for all of your forms.

You can also different templates for different forms. Here is the naming convention (Courtesy of Terry)

Admin Email Template:

FORMNAME.html.php
or
FORMNAME.txt.php

Mailback Email Template

FORMNAME_mailback.html.php
or
FORMNAME_mailback.txt.php

I hope this helps those of you who are looking for a nice way to format emails. If you come up with some creative ideas, please post some examples here in the forums.

File Attachment:

File Name: mailtpl.zip
File Size: 1573
  • erichhaubrich
  • Senior Boarder
  • Web Ninja and Technology Geek
  • Thank you received: 3
I love Breezing Forms! - It is the Killer App for Forms on Joomla!
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by erichhaubrich. Reason: Error on upload

Re:Here's a Sample HTML Email Template I created 4 years 3 months ago #13187

erichhaubrich,

Thank you so much for the template! I was able to change the logo and color to our school's colors, and it looks great.

I have one question, is there a way I can add the section names to the table? We have an online application that is broken into sections -- "Personal Information", "Work History", "References", and so on. I need those to show in the email. If this can be done then how?

Thank you so much again!
  • jcole
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Re:Custom email notifications howto 4 years 3 months ago #13292

I've just started using Breezing Form 1.6.5 (free version) to see what the program can do.

I'm impressed with it so far although found the email notifications somewhat of a let down compared to the way the forms we design look.

I have been following this thread with interest, I'm no html/php programmer though!

Using the early examples I managed to get a working html data table then thanks to Breezing Forms for posting an updated mailtpl file, looks very good!

One thinh spoils the form though, when the user does not fill in a specific field that is shall we say optional I get the fielsd title all nice looking but becuase there is no data value that field looks like it is faulty.

Now ehen I did the basic table layout this morning a field with no value just resulted in no border around that field, is it possible to compensate for this.

Also in your revised template there where the date is located by form title is spread over two lines for some reason, any ideas.

Money is tight just now and I was wondering is there anything in 1.7.1 that makes the jump worthwile.

Oh one other thing which I knwo is not related to this topic but who can you extract the data into say a spreadsheer as I need to create invoices with this date. I exported using csv and all data is piled into one cell for some reason and xml I wouldn't know where to begin.

Great extension, glad I found it.

I have attached an image of the template with missing fields.
Attachments:
  • boab2791
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by boab2791. Reason: removed info from picture

Re:Custom email notifications howto 4 years 2 months ago #13442

Hi Eric,

Nice template and thank you for providing. I am no designer so I wanted to check before I made any changes.

On the template provided it calls for all titles and values to be listed. I only need certain ones. So my question is, what code should I wrap around each variable I am calling? I can only assume this code is what needs to be updated:
<?php foreach ($MAILDATA as $DATA): ?>
<tr>
<td width="25%" align="left" valign="top" bgcolor="#eef0f3" style="background-color:#eef0f3; Font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin-left:10px; border-top:thin; border-top-color:#999; border-top-style:solid; border-left:thin; border-left-color:#999; border-left-style:solid;"><?php echo $DATA[_FF_DATA_TITLE]?> </td>
<td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top" bgcolor="#eef0f3" style="height:22px; height:22px; background-color:#eef0f3; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; margin-left:10px; border-top:thin; border-top-color:#999; border-top-style:solid; border-left:thin; border-left-color:#999; border-left-style:solid; border-right:thin; border-right-color:#999; border-right-style:solid;"><?php echo $DATA[_FF_DATA_VALUE]?> </td>
</tr>
<!-- Spacer Row -->
<tr>
<td colspan="3" align="left" valign="top" style="height:5px; border-top:thin; border-top-color:#999; border-top-style:solid"></td>
</tr>
<?php endforeach; ?>

Using good old common sense I would think that simply copying and pasting both paragraphs for each variable and then replacing the
<?php echo $DATA[_FF_DATA_TITLE]?>
and
<?php echo $DATA[_FF_DATA_VALUE]?>
with my variable would do the trick.

Question is, am I right?
  • bscivolette
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Custom email notifications howto 3 years 11 months ago #15245

Hi all,

I have been trying to change my email back template with only a few fields and not the whole list. I have read this topic but it's not working for me. To give a simple example I am using below but the field adres is not being filled out with the streetname, I am using quickmode for my form. Can somebody help me please?

<?php
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Direct Access to this location is not allowed.');
$field = array();
foreach ($MAILDATA as $DATA) {
$title[$DATA[_FF_DATA_NAME]] = $DATA[_FF_DATA_TITLE];
$value[$DATA[_FF_DATA_NAME]] = $DATA[_FF_DATA_VALUE];
}
?>

<TABLE><TR><TD><B><U>Adres</U></B></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Adres:</TD>
<TD><?php echo $value["straat"]?></TD>
</TR>

</TABLE>
  • sannisinas
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Moderators: ForumSupport, lennerd, pedro81
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds