Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: User Editable Forms

Re: User Editable Forms 3 years 1 week ago #51640

Content builder looks just what I need for a site where it would be useful for members to be able to keep an updated list of their continuing professional development online.

Can I just clarify some points before taking out a subscription:

- is it possible for some fields to remain private, so that only the person whose profile it is, or the administrator can see that information?

Also, can I clarify how it would work for members who have already registered with the site via the normal Joomla login? Would they have to re-register, or could their account be connected to a new profile?

And do your extentions work with RocketTheme templates - as I know there can often be a clash (with Ajax?) which renders parts of forms invisible and so useless.

Many thanks

Frances
  • Templecloud
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wartime

Re: User Editable Forms 2 years 10 months ago #61313

ssbnet wrote:
JayBeeKay wrote:
In my form it does not work.
I integrated {BreezingForms: statusabfrage,1,0,,,1,1} in my article and the form displays correctly but the user can't edit the form.
It always shows the original form without the Input of the user.

I have the same problem. After submitting the clear form shows...please help!

I'm also having this problem. I also tried making another form for editing that uses the jfactory functions (eg <?php return JFactory::getUser()->get('name'); ?>) but it only gets values for text areas, dropdowns are either blank or default!

Any help would be appreciated :)
  • designhub
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:User Editable Forms 1 year 4 months ago #93533

Hi,
Edit a Breezing form record is not easy : create a breezing form menu item is just for editing the last submission only?. but after updating , the system created a new record (duplicate entries), not updated existing one. I think this is a very basic feature why requires users to take extra steps to make it works.

When i clicked on "Edit" button on a record in a form list view, it gave me a blank form instead of a form with existing data. I had to write extra query to put into manage pieces area to make it works.
I plan to subscribe the component for my company, but I am stuck with very basic feature.
  • rosed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

Re: User Editable Forms 1 year 4 months ago #93537

How can I send a direct link in the mailback to the form the user submitted? I just want the email to contain the link, and they click on it and it takes them to the actual form to immediately begin editing. Basically the mailback says: "Thanks for the submission, you can edit your submission by clicking on the following link: <link to their submission>"
  • pwh80
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: User Editable Forms 1 year 4 months ago #93689

Hello,

@Ktran

do you use breezingforms standalone or the combination with contentbuilder?

If you use plain breezingforms you can also check "Remove existing submissions?" (right below the "submission editable by user" setting) in the menuitem. This will lead to just one single updated record. Allowing a user to edit multiple of his records needs the usage of contenbuilder and the "list own only" option in the permission tab of Contentbuilder.

@pwh80
your request is possible but tricky.
The main problem is that the user needs to be logged in to edit his submission. If he is not logged in he will pointed to the login screen of joomla and the route to the form gets lost.

To get around this you can do the following:

1. create a custom email using an end-submit piece. In this Email you need to build the URL to the form with a hashed URL parameter including the username, hashed user password forid and recordid

2. then in a before form piece you will need to check this hashed value from 1. and if everthing is ok process an auto login using the Joomla API
  • lennerd
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 386
Regards,
Stefan

===============================================
Satisfied? Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Re: User Editable Forms 1 year 4 months ago #94484

@rosed @ktran
I'm using breezing form witn content builder.
"Remove existing submissions" will delete all previous submissions/records of a user using the same form. I have a form for reviewer to review on different contracts. updating a record of one contract of the reviewer may lead to delete all records of the reviewer of the other contract. How can i update a record without creating a new record - i don't want to keep record/article versions?

when i update a record, the new updated data is not updated in integrator table - how do i do to make it worked? i can't find document for updating integrator table
  • rosed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Moderators: ForumSupport, lennerd, pedro81
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds