Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to Use PayPal with Classic Forms

Re:How to Use PayPal with Classic Forms 5 years 3 months ago #8574

Hey! I figured it out myself! I hope this helps someone! ~Justin

Put Ken's code above in the "After Submit" area instead of the "Before Submit" area in the "Edit Form" section under the "Submit Pieces" tab. Set your return URL to something like this:
http://YOURSITEHERE.com/index.php?option=com_facileforms&ff_name=arcRNEW12&ff_page=1&Itemid=$this->record_id.
If you want a thank you page, add a page to the form and change the $ff_page here to 2.

Put the following code in the "Before Form" area under the "Form Pieces" tab.
if(!$_REQUEST['tx'] == ''){

if ($_REQUEST['test'] == 1){
$test = 1;
}else{
$test = 0;
}

$time_offset ="0"; // Change this to compensate for timezone differences (-3 = -3 hours)
$time_a = ($time_offset * 60 * 60);
$datetime = date("Y-m-d H:i:s",time() + $time_a);

$this->execPieceByName('ff_InitLib');

ff_query(
        "update `#__facileforms_records` ". 
        "SET " . 
        "`paypal_tx_id` = 'PayPal: " . $_REQUEST['tx'] . "', ".
        "`paypal_payment_date` = '" .  $datetime . "', ".
        "`paypal_testaccount` = '" . $test . "' " . 
        "WHERE `id`=" . $_REQUEST['Itemid'] . " AND `paypal_tx_id`='' " .
        "LIMIT 1" 
    );
}
  • iamwaggle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by iamwaggle.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wartime

Re:How to Use PayPal with Classic Forms 5 years 3 months ago #8583

Hi rewing,

Apologies, but my test site is cluttered enough without installing 'guest packages'.

If you describe the problem in detail perhaps I can help, or maybe someone else will have an idea. Or, I'll be happy to have a look on your own site if you give me credentials to look (I'm not a mad hacker, don't worry).

Cheers,
Ken
  • arc_admin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

Re: How to Use PayPal with Classic Forms 2 years 11 months ago #65105

I'm using these scripts successfully with a Classic form -- minor modifications added. However, I would like to restrict Admin Email function to ONLY send notification if the payment is successful (as seen in the Quickmode examples). If the payment is not successful (e.g., the user canceled out in Paypal before completing the payment) no form data should be emailed to the Admin.

My form uses scripts found in this forum topic "How to use Paypal with Classic form", including the added script to record the successful Paypal validation in the form record. This last script is in the "Before Form" piece.

To send the Admin an email with the form data ONLY WHEN payment is successful, how do I get the form data for building the email, and where do I place the code to send the email? For example, if I add the SendMail to the "Before Form" piece as part of the successful payment routine, how do I retrieve the form data to build the email? I'm assuming that because this piece is "Before Form", the data is no longer accessible via $this->maildata and _FF_DATA_VALUE ...... is that correct?
  • pattford
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Re: How to Use PayPal with Classic Forms 1 year 11 months ago #86236

I've followed the above instructions, and added the code to the Begin Submit piece as described at the start of this thread. I do have Paypal integration basically working, such that I can submit a payment.

However, on successful payment, I would like to submit the values, and have the emails sent, as is done in QuickMode using the Paypal integration, which is where this thread seems to have ended 1 year ago.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,
Stuart
  • stuartjbarr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds