Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: How do I Get My Form to Send Email?

How do I Get My Form to Send Email? 5 years 7 months ago #1993

I have created a form with BreezingForms in Joomla 1.5, and after submitting it, I can review the data in the Manage Records section. However, I can't figure out how to make the form send an email to me when the user submits it.
I'm sure this is quite simple, but I have searched the documentation and forums to no avail.

Scott Ott
  • Scott Ott
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How do I Get My Form to Send Email? 5 years 7 months ago #1994

In the <edit forms> <settings> what have you got configured for: Email Notification: options?
Custom address or default?
  • ufo_hk
  • Senior Boarder

Re:How do I Get My Form to Send Email? 5 years 7 months ago #2002

It was blank (actually, it said something like Enter Your Email Address Here). So, I put my email address in, and saved that configuration, then tried the form again. No email was sent. The global configuration for mail was on PHP Mail, so I changed it to sendmail, and tried again. Nothing.

Thanks for trying to help. It would be great if there were a step-by-step lesson on this, but perhaps normal people are much smarter than me and don't need one.

Scott Ott
  • Scott Ott

Re:How do I Get My Form to Send Email? 5 years 7 months ago #2009

If the joomla installation was sending emails (i.e. user registration confirmation) under PHP mail. Leave it as that. If not then try sendmail option i.e. confirm emailing is working in base joomla setup first. If it is moved to breezingforms.

In the BreezingForms configuration tab - ensure there is a default email address ** configured.

Then in the <edit form><settings> options for your form.
Set email notification (anything other than "NO")
and select the options you want to report in the Report & XML attachment options.

If you selected default address it should send notification to the ** above address.

If you don't want to use the default address - select custom address and enter the address where you want notifications to go.

Also have you set anything in the <edit form> <scripts><submitted script> options? - if not select FF:ffshowsubmitted from the library scripts.

fingers crossed - good luck
  • ufo_hk
  • Senior Boarder
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by ufo_hk.

Re:How do I Get My Form to Send Email? 5 years 6 months ago #2465

I have the same problem. I tried with e-mail notifications to default adress, but I am no getting any e-mail. Joomla (1.57) is setup for using PHP e-mail function, and it works at least for mass mail.

This is the only bottle neck I am having with this excellent piece of software. I will appreciate any help.
  • Xavier

Re:How do I Get My Form to Send Email? 5 years 6 months ago #2469

Sorry, It has been fixed. There is a spam server which is killing what it considers spam. Those emails were considerated spam and that's the reason because they did not apper. Fixed.

By the way the possibility to add multiple e-mails adresses would very appreciated.

Thank you and I am sorry for that false alarm
  • Xavier
Moderators: ForumSupport, lennerd
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds